Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chicken & Avocado Sandwiches

Alright,for all of those that have read my usual blog, I give you the recipe for my favorite treat from Tesco.
1 (4.5 oz) can White Chicken Breast chunks (Swanson is the one I use)
1/2 Ripe Avocado, sliced into 1/4" think slices
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/8 tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp dried Basil, Oregano and Garlic
2-4 slices of Bread (wheat, or other whole-grain makes it far better in my opinion.)

Mix the Mayonnaise, Lemon Juice and seasonings together in a small bowl. Drain the chicken chunks, cutting into smaller pieces if desired. Add the chicken to the mayonnaise mixture, and stir to coat. Place several slices of avocado onto bread (you want to cover the bread slice). On second piece of bread spread 1/2 (or all, depending on how thick you like your sandwich fillings) of chicken mixture. Place bread together, slice on an angle and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment